Microneedling is a safe and effective treatment that triggers your body’s natural rejuvenation process by piercing your skin with tiny needles creating micro-wounds. Your body responds to these injuries by invoking its healing response and creating new, healthy tissue, collagen, and elastin to repair the damage. This process can improve the appearance of your skin by reducing wrinkles, tightening loose skin, diminishing the appearance of scarring, and so much more. At Allure Anti-Aging and Aesthetics, our team of aestheticians offers microneedling as an option to give your skin a healthier, more rejuvenated appearance.
How Microneedling WorksAs we age, our body begins to decrease its production of collagen, an essential protein that smooths and strengthens the skin. This depletion leads to the formation of fine lines and dynamic wrinkles. The goal of microneedling is to stimulate the body’s healing process to encourage new collagen production. As the name suggests, microneedling involves the use of a tool with multiple tiny needles that puncture the surface of the skin precisely. From the comfort of our office in Huntington Beach, we first apply a topical numbing cream to ensure you are comfortable before starting the microneedling process.
7 Benefits of MicroneedlingMicroneedling has become so popular because it doesn’t involve any surgery and is suitable for all skin types and tones, including darker skin tones, thin skin, and sensitive skin. Here are seven proven benefits of microneedling treatment:
- Improves Skin Texture: The micro-wounds trigger your body’s natural healing response resulting in noticeably softer, smoother skin following your treatment.
- Lessens the Appearance of Scars: Microneedling improves the appearance of acne scars in the same way it improves the overall texture of your skin.
- Reduces Acne: As the sterilized needles poke holes in the uppermost layer of your skin, they remove the bacteria that causes acne spots and helps your body heal them faster.
- Shrinks Enlarged Pores: Following your treatment, your pores should appear smaller, especially around your nose. The microneedles reopen these pores so that they can close again in a smaller, tighter way.
- Softens Fine Lines and Wrinkles: When the microneedling device breaks the dermis, this triggers growth factors like collagen in the skin, which allows the skin to tighten and repair itself at a much faster rate.
- Prevents Signs of Aging: Microneedling is highly effective in stopping early signs of aging or preventing new wrinkles from forming.
- Improves Skin Tone: Microneedling breaks apart the pigmentation on the skin caused by age, sun exposure, and damage for a more even skin tone.